Latest blog posts

A Bitter Truth

A Bitter Truth



 The train was still parked at Lahore station when a family came and sat on the front seats. An old woman with a three-year-old child in her lap, a young girl holding a two-year-old child in her arms, a young man who was probably the son of this old woman and the husband of this young girl. (Later my guess was confirmed) He was accompanied by a four or five year old girl whose bright eyes were telling that she was very naughty.


I was sitting in the seat next to the window as usual. The children sat on the seat in front of me and peeked out of the window and their grandmother sat with them. The young girl and her husband sat with them. The kids were so cute. I tried to attract them, so the three-year-old came to me to give me a chance to peek out of the window, because on the other side, his five-year-old older sister was holding the window. ۔


When the train left, I was delighted to see the view outside. Before Patoki, the train stopped outside the city for some reason, so many peddlers came to the train to sell things. went . I was very surprised that he did not ask his mother for food and did not buy it. I thought maybe she wouldn't eat. Shortly after the train left, a juice seller came and the man stopped him and took five juices.

.

.

 And then, as before, he divided the four into his wife and three children, and the fifth began to drink himself. His mother kept looking at him but did not know why he ignored her again. Disappointed, the old woman looked out of the window. The little girl said to her grandmother, "Mother, drink my juice." The woman filled her eyes with tears and said softly, "Son, you drink. If I had to take it, your father would take it." Seeing all this, I became very angry and my heart sank. Seeing this man playing with the child, the woman sitting next to us said how good this age is and how much the parents take care of the children but sometimes the children do not take care of the parents when they are young. The man replied, "No, he who is lawful will take care of his parents, and there will be some unfortunate person who will not take care of his parents."


Hearing this, my patience was answered and I said, "Bhai Sahib, don't be angry. You only seem to be a conqueror of speech, otherwise you also seem miserable with your character." You used to ignore your mother when you used to take the kiln and now you put your wife and children in front of you when you used to take the juice. They are sitting on the other side. As soon as he heard my words, this man lost his temper and there was no answer. His mother said, "It doesn't matter. May God bless my husband. As long as he is there, I don't care. Maybe my son doesn't remember that I am also traveling with him." For the rest of the hour's journey, there was complete silence, and I did not see the man's bowed head rise again.


We talk a lot about the greatness of the mother and also take care of the parents, but after marriage many men change their attitude towards their parents and the first priority for him becomes his wife and children.


 All the love of the parents, all the compassion and all the exercise of life is forgotten. Our tradition of parents being the head of the household until their last days is slowly dying out. Thank God there are still many families where their place is not taken away from their parents.


 But as we progress, the number of old houses in our country is increasing. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) cursed the person who could not earn Paradise by serving his parents in old age. How unfortunate are those who leave their paradise in the Old House with their own hands. May Allah protect us from such progress.

Post a Comment

0 Comments